Benefits of selling online
Selling online has a number of advantages compared with selling by conventional methods, including the following:
- Savings in set-up and operational costs. You will not need to pay shop assistants, rent high-street premises, or answer a lot of pre-sales queries.
- Customer orders can automatically come straight into your orders’ database from the website, reducing the costs of order processing.
- You can reach a much wider audience as you will be able to be contacted by people worldwide, giving you the ability to increase sales.
- You can compete with larger businesses.
- You’ll receive payments more quickly from online transactions.
- Your business can be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- You should be able to give better customer service and attract more loyal customers.
- You will be able to track purchases and use data you collect to improve your offering.
- Your online shop can function as a catalogue for existing customers.
Selling online does not benefit every type of business. Online selling will work best for you if you have:
- well-defined products or services that can be sold without human intervention in the sales process.
- fixed prices for all types of potential customers.
- products or services that can be delivered with a predictable lead time.
We can build an ecommerce solution that fits your business model, at a price you can afford.
We recommend using Magento as the ecommerce platform due to its flexibility and functionality. It is regarded as the one of the best systems available.